Bladnoch

Bladnoch distillery sits resolute in the green pastures of Wigtownshire. The Southernmost distillery in Scotland, the Bladnoch distillery takes its water from its namesake - the River Bladnoch - which rises at Loch Maberry in Kirkcowan. The distillery was established in 1817 by the brothers McClelland: John and Thomas, who licensed it in 1825. Part of a farm, Bladnoch utilized the rich barley from the surrounding fields. The buildings were refurbished during the latter part of the nineteenth century, though in 1905 distillation ceased totally.

Showing all 6 results

Showing all 6 results